For quick reference for rules on trades and sales. All information here can also be found in our terms.
- By owning a JBD you own the non-commercial rights to that character and are free to use them within the group and its functions or outside of the group as a personal character. While JBDs own the commerical rights of the species, we do not claim ownership of any concepts or ideas you come up for your individual JBD character.
- Adopting/purchasing a Jellybean Dragon does not grant you the ability to: use it as a representation of yourself/as a fursona, use for commercial purposes, or create additional JBDs based on your own JBD. dalmatier retains ownership of the species- you are recieving only a single design.
- Jellybean Dragons cannot be co-owned. The owner listed on the JBD's masterlist page is the only officially recognized owner.
- Any ownership changes must be done within the website to be recognized as official. Contact a staff member if you need the ML ownership changed but do not wish to be part of the website.
- You cannot permanently remove a JBD from the species. JBDs that were previously removed cannot use any JBD references drawn by dalmatier. Removed JBDs may only be brought back with the use of an MYO.
- Staff reserves the right to deny giftings and trades to inactive, empty, or brand-new accounts and/or users we have banned/blacklisted from the species.
Outside group usage
- You may use your JBD's design as one off characters or in other closed species groups. If you wish to create an alternate species version of your JBD's design within another closed species, you must let JBD staff as well as the other group know of the existance of the other "half" of the design.
- Once your JBD's design is present in multiple groups, all versions of the design must stay together. You cannot sell your JBD version of the design and your alternate species version of the design to two different people. They must always belong to the same user.
- The original artist must receive credit for the design wherever it is applicable. (On Toyhou.se entries, on the other species' masterlist if applicable, etc.)
- Failure to correctly credit the original artist will result in a strike. You will have one week to fix the problem. If you fail to fix the issue, you may be subject to a temporary or permanent ban.
JBD RESALE VALUE
Your JBD's resale value is determined by two things:
1. The original purchase price of your JBD.
2. The added value of commissioned art. This is the total cost of all art that was commissioned of the JBD. This includes the initial cost of a design if you used a MYO slot but paid another user to design it for you. This does not include any personally drawn art or art that was gifted to you for free, only commissioned work.
These two values added together form your JBD's resale value.
Staff will not be tracking total resale value onsite, only the original purchase price, which will continue to be publicly viewable on each JBD's ML entry. It is up to users to keep track of the value of their commissioned art, if they would like to sell for the JBD's total resale value. In order to resell your JBD for their resale value, you must have the art on hand to be able to show your prospective buyer what they are paying extra for. It is okay to only show thumbnails/heavily watermarked images until the sale is complete- you just need to show your buyer proof that the commissioned art exists before they complete their purchase.
If a user reports abuse of this system, staff may ask to see the extra art themselves to verify that it does indeed exist. If a user is found to be abusing this system by raising the price for art that does not exist or by lying about the cost of commissioned art pieces in order to inflate the JBD’s resale value, they may be subject to strikes or bans from the species as necessary.
TRADES, VOUCHERS, AND RESALES
Exchanges of JBDs for goods and/or services are defined in the following ways:
TRADE - User A exchanges their JBD for goods owned by User B, or for services to be performed personally by User B.
(ex. trading a JBD for a JBD, or trading a JBD for art)
VOUCHER - User A exchanges their JBD for goods that User B will purchase, or for services to be paid for by User B but performed by a third party. User A should have some sort of good/service already in mind before seeking vouchers, as vouchers cannot be run like auctions with open-ended value. The price of a JBD's voucher does not need to match their resale value 1:1, but should remain reasonably close (within $30.) Gift cards are not acceptable for JBD vouchers.
(ex. vouchering a JBD with 0 resale value for a character that is currently UFS for $30, or vouchering a JBD with a $50 value for a video game that costs $60.)
RESALE - User A exchanges their JBD for currency that has some kind of real-world value, such as USD, CAD, or gift cards. JBDs can only be sold for an amount lower than or equal to their resale value.
If you own a JBD with a resale value of 0 (such as a free JBD that has no commissioned art), you may voucher them for goods or services that cost $30 or less. If you own a JBD that you won from a free raffle but have purchased $100 worth of art of them, you may resell that JBD for its full resale value of $100. If you purchased a JBD via auction for $500 but have purchased $150 worth of art of them, you may resell that JBD for $650. All beans can still be traded freely.
Remember: If you wish to sell or voucher for a JBD's resale value, you must have the extra art on hand. If you purchase a JBD via resale but then delete all of its art and there is no art to pass on to a new owner, you will only be able to resell for the JBD's original price! Hold onto that art if you think you might resell your JBD someday! It doesn't need to be public, you just need to be able to pass it along to the new owner somehow.
- Users banned from the species will have their account permanently frozen. Banned users cannot gain new JBDs or interract with the community under any circumstances, but are free to keep or rehome (with staff permission) their existing JBDs. Banned users are still free to use their characters outside the group like any regular user, including using them as one off characters.
- While we will not take away blacklisted user's characters or designs, we can revoke the right for certain banned users to use our intellectual property for any reason.
- JBD staff reserve the right to reverse a sale or trade in the case of scamming, illegal activity, or illigitimate aquiring of said JBD.
We reserve the right to update our terms of service at any point or to cease all services at any given time. Rules are subject to change as new circumstances arise.
If we don't have a specific rule stated for your circumstances, ask staff before proceeding!